In the midst of tragic events and difficult life circumstances, I find I need to focus on celebrating life, in all its blessings and goodness. These types of events, for me, are a reminder that life is precious and fleeting; to be enjoyed and lived fully; to be appreciated and valued.
15 Quotes to Celebrate Life
Here are a few quotes about Life to inspire and encourage you.
- “I say all the time that every moment we have to live our life is a blessing. So often I have found myself taking it for granted. Every hug from a family member. Every laugh we share with friends. Even the times of solitude are all blessings. Every second of every day is a gift. After Saturday evening, I know I truly understand how blessed I am for each second I am given.” ~ Jessica Redfield (Gwahi), a victim of the Aurora shootings on her last blog post before the incident describing a close call she had with death weeks before Aurora.
- “Life is what you celebrate. All of it. Even its end.” ~ Joanne Harris
- “The difficulties of life are intended to make us better–not bitter.” ~ John C. Maxwell
- “There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.” ~ Author Unknown
- “I used to think getting old was about vanity but actually it’s about losing people you love. Getting wrinkles is trivial.” ~ J.C. Oates
- “I am a full woman at 50-full of knowledge, full of love, full of compassion.” ~ Patti Labell
- “Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?” ~ Hunter Thompson
- “Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.” ~ Richard Bach
- “There is no such thing in anyone’s life as an unimportant day.” ~ Alexander Woollcott
- “To be grateful is to find blessings in everything”. ~ Allen Cohen
- “An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.” ~ Sir John Templeton
- “Never blame any day in your life. Good days give you happiness. Bad days give you experience.” ~ Author Unknown
- “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” ~ Richard Bach
- “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude”. ~ Denis Waitley
- “Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.” ~ Mary Jean Iron