Latest posts by Stephanie Kanak (see all)
- 30 Quotes about Thanksgiving and Gratitude - November 26, 2013
- 15 Quotes to Celebrate Cooking - November 13, 2013
- 5 Pinterest Pins to Encourage You to Get Outside and Enjoy Life - August 7, 2013
I’ll be honest. I’m feeling far from grateful. If I was completely honest I‘d tell you that I’m actually feeling a little sorry for myself. (Queue the pity party.) We’ve had a series of very challenging problems hit our household this week. Big, expensive, inconvenient problems – the kind that drain the gratitude right out of you and leave you full of weariness. Have you ever felt like that?
And then, well, along comes Thanksgiving – a time to express gratitude and thankfulness for all our blessings. That can be a struggle the midst of life’s many issues.
If you’re like me and you need some inspiration to help you look beyond your circumstances to find gratitude and thankfulness, then these “30 Quotes about Thanksgiving and Gratitude” might help.
30 Quotes about Thanksgiving and Gratitude
- “Sometimes we focus so much on what we don’t have that we fail to see, appreciate, and use what we do have!” ~ Jeff Dixon
- “No matter what our circumstance, we can find a reason to be thankful.” ~ David Jeremiah
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “There is no better opportunity to receive more than to be thankful for what you already have. Thanksgiving opens the windows of opportunity for ideas to flow your way.” – Jim Rohn
- “Thankfulness creates gratitude which generates contentment that causes peace.” ~ Todd Stocker
- “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ~ Melody Beattie
- “It is impossible to be negative while we are giving thanks.” ~ Donald Curtis
- “Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture.” ~ Kak Sri
- “The thankful heart sees the best part of every situation. It sees problems and weaknesses as opportunities, struggles as refining tools, and sinners as saints in progress.” ~ Francis Frangipane
- “If you never learned the lesson of thankfulness, begin now. Sum up your mercies; see what provision God has made for your happiness, what opportunities for your usefulness, and what advantages for your success.” ~ Ida S. Taylor
- “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” ~ W. T. Purkiser
- “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” ~ W. Clement Stone
- “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” ~ John F. Kennedy
- “Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.” ~ W.J. Cameron
- “Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day”. ~ Robert C. Linter
- “Our lives are filled with meeting wonderful people. Make sure those that have become a part of your life hear your words of appreciation.” ~ Ace Antonio Hall
- “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” ~ Albert Schweitzer
- “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” ~ Thornton Wilder
- “The private and personal blessings we enjoy – the blessings of immunity, safeguard, liberty and integrity – deserve the thanksgiving of a whole life.” ~ Jeremy Taylor
- “Thankfulness to God is a recognition that God in His goodness and faithfulness has provided for us and cared for us, both physically and spiritually. It is a recognition that we are totally dependent upon Him; that all that we are and have comes from God.” ~ Jerry Bridges
- “When I am consumed by my problems-stressed out about my life, my family, and my job-I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstances are more important than God’s command to always rejoice.” ~ Francis Chan
- “Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.” ~ Native American Saying
- “Grace isn’t a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal. It’s a way to live.” ~ Jacqueline Winspear
- “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.” ~ Seneca
- “I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual. . . . O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches. No run on my bank can drain it, for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
- “We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning.” ~ Albert Barnes
- “Blessings are oftentimes not valued till they are gone.” ~ Thomas Fuller
- “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” ~ Frederick Keonig
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
More Quotes about Thanksgiving and Gratitude
Want to see more quotes about Thanksgiving and Gratitude? Check out my Pinterest Board – Gratitude Quotes.
Did these quotes inspire you to express gratitude or thankfulness this Thanksgiving? Was there a favorite quote that really spoke to you? Share about it in the comments. I’d love to hear about it.